COVID 19 TEST
Use the tool to book your Covid 19 test appointment.
Our Latest Travel News and More
Our Travel Services
Getting corporate travellers to where they want to be, safely, securely and hassle-free, is the reason we’re here.
Each of our client’s holidays throughout the world is individually tailored to ensure that our customers get exactly what they want.
Energy and Marine
Our experience in meeting the needs of clients in shipping, energy and the oil and gas industry runs deep.<
Explore Namibia as a self-driver, a guided safari or as an incentive destination.
Meetings Groups and Events
Globally the trend is to arrange all events,...
Rennies Travel Namibia
Rennies Travel Namibia is a travel service provider with a long and prestigious history of more than 60 years of experience specializing in a range of high quality travel services with a proven track record of stability, experience and delivering on schedule. Our philosophy is to focus on offering the experience of a lifetime that delivers real value for our clients.
Each of our client’s holidays throughout the world is individually tailored to ensure that our customers get exactly what they want. We plan everything to the last meticulous detail and see that your holiday is executed to perfection.
Because you are unique choose your desired destination and let us do the rest.
Our Travel Offices in Namibia
Conveniently located across Namibia, visit one of our branches for personal travel assistance and travel advice.
Travel Tips and Advice
1. PASSPORTSNamibian passport holders Make sure that your passport is valid for travel at all times For Travel to South Africa - the passport needs to be valid for at least 3 months and have at least 2 empty pages For Travel Internationally - the passport needs to be valid for at least 6 months from date of return and have at least 2 empty pages
2. VISASMake sure that you have a passport that is valid for at least 6 more months from date of return To your country of departure - many countries will not issue you with a visa or allow you to enter should your passport not be valid for at least 6 months, this excludes South Africa currently. For Visa information links: www.visas.co.za www.visazone.co.za
3. TRAVEL INSURANCEAlways make sure you have adequate travel insurance. When paying your air tickets by credit card you may receive a free cover but this cover is generally quite limited and the excesses to be paid are high. Contact us for further information on travel insurance and top of cover options
4. HEALTHVaccinations; When travelling to unusual destinations, enquire whether any specific vaccinations etc. are required. Please note that some vaccinations must be done quite some time in advance of your travel departure date. Enquire on: www.iamat.org or contact us for assistance.
5. INTERNATIONAL DRIVERS LICENCEInternational drivers licence’s are required for travel abroad except to South Africa Applications can be made at the AA- Automobile Association in Windhoek
6. FOREIGN CURRENCY PURCHASESTravellers Cheques and Foreign Currency in Cash - Namibia Bureau de Change, can assist with all foreign exchange purchases. The rates are updated regularly. Requirements to receive Foreign exchange are your passport and your air ticket. Click on www.nbdc.com.na
6.1 FOREIGN CURRENCY PURCHASESCredit Cards - Most well-known credit cards can be used all over the world. If you want to use your ATM credit card to draw cash you will need a PIN number, ensure that you get this activated by your bank before your departure.
6.2 FOREIGN CURRENCY PURCHASESCash - Important to always have some small amount of foreign currency for phones, buses or a taxi before arriving in a foreign country.
7. SEATINGRemember to advise the travel consultant if you have a preferred seating request, these are unfortunately not guaranteed though.
8. SPECIAL MEALSRemember to advise the travel consultant if you have a preferred meal request.
9. BAGGAGE ALLOWANCEMake sure that you do not pack more luggage then is allowed as per your class of travel and baggage restriction of the airline also especially for hand luggage.
10. COMMUNICATION WHILE TRAVELLINGCalling by phone from hotels overseas is expensive. Either set up an email account and log on at an internet café or at the hotel business lounge facilities, or you can also buy a SIM card for that country and then buy pay as you go airtime.
11. INTERNATIONAL PLUGSNever forget to take an international plug adaptor for the countries that you are travelling to so that you are able to charge your cell phone, camera batteries, laptop etc.
12. DEPARTURE TAXESMost airport departure taxes are paid for when purchasing your air ticket but there are still some countries where the departure tax is payable in cash when you leave that country. Make sure you've got enough local currency to pay it
13. IMPORTANT DOCUMENTATIONMake at least 3 photocopies of all your vital travel documentation (certified copies) such as your air tickets, passport, visa etc. to avoid being stranded if your belongings go missing or are stolen while travelling: keep them in separate places ie handbag, luggage kept at the hotel and one with family/friends at home.
14. IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCYLeave a copy of your itinerary with family or friends at home so that you can be contacted in case of an emergency
15. SAFETY TIPSWarning at airports: Do not leave your luggage unattended – make sure you also do this in any other public area and do not accept any packages from strangers.
Subscribe to our Travel Newsletter
Get latest travel deals and offers directly to your inbox