Opera Aida Verdi
- 3 Days / 2 Nights
NAD 5195per person sharing
3 Days / 2 Nights
- Sales Period:
- 27 Aug 19 to 25 Oct 19
Come and experience what may well be the premier event of the Operatic Calendar for 2019. Verdi's AIDA opera will be performed for the first time at the Temple of Hatshepsut on the West Bank of Luxor ensuring this will be a performance of AIDA like no one has ever seen!
From N$5 195.-per person sharing - land only (We can arrange your flights to Luxor)
Travel Period: 25 & 27 Oct 2019 (Performance on 26 & 28 Oct)
Duration: 3 days / 2 nights
- All transfers in Luxor
- 2 night's accommodation in Luxor - Aracan Eatable Hotel 4* including breakfast
- Opera AIDA Bronze ticket, includes transportation to & from the Opera.
Opera Ticket Upgrade Supplements
- Silver Ticket Upgrade: From N$1909.-per person sharing, includes transportation to & from the Opera.
- Gold Ticket Upgrade: From N$2871.-per person sharing, ncludes transportation to & from the Opera.
- Diamond Ticket Upgrade: From N$4780.-per person sharing, includes transportation to & from Opera, VIP lounge access, special entrance & red carpert experience.
- VIP Ticket Upgrade: From N$11 529.-per person sharing, Includes limousine transfers to & from Opera. VIP lounge access, all food & drinks, special entrance & red carpet experience.
- Return air tickets to Luxor
- Meals not mentioned
- Travel Insurance
- Expenses of personal nature
Day 1: Luxor
After arrival at Luxor airport you will be transferred to your hotel and have what remains of the day at leisure. Luxor was formerly the ancient city of Thebes the capital of Ancient Egypt for a long time before eventually that honour passed to Alexandria and other cities in Upper Egypt. During some leisure time either today or tomorrow you should make sure to visit Karnak Temple, once the most important and magnificent temple in Egypt.
Day 2: Luxor
Up to the late afternoon will be at your leisure today but then you better make sure to get back to the hotel so you do not miss the highlight of the trip tonight. If Operas are your thing you are probably well-acquainted with the Opera AIDA comprised of four acts set in ancient Egypt and composed by the famous Italian composer Giuseppe Verdi. You may even have had the good fortune to have experienced it once or even twice, however the performance of AIDA tonight will be unlike any anyone has ever seen, performed for the first time using the Temple of Hatshepsut as the actual stage for this operatic spectacle. The opera will last from approximately 18h30 to 22h00. You will be picked up at the hotel and transferred to the temple ahead of time and after the opera ends will be returned to the hotel.
Overnight: Luxor (B)
Day 3: Luxor
After breakfast you will be transferred to the airport, the previous night hopefully having left you with many fond memories of this exclusive experience. (B)
ABOUT OPERA AIDA
Aida is an opera in four acts by Giuseppe Verdi. Set in the Old Kingdom of Egypt, Commissioned by Cairo's Khedivial Opera House and had its première there on 24 December 1871, conducted by Giovanni Bottesini. Today the work holds a central place in the operatic canon, receiving performances every year around the world.
Opera Aida’ tells the story of a forbidden romance between an Ethiopian slave, Aida, and Commander of the Egyptian Army Radamis against a backdrop of war. When the latter is chosen to lead Egypt to war with Aida, the opera follows the conflict between her personal struggle of following her affections and her civic duties towards her country.
- Director: Micheal Sturm (Germany)
- Conductor: Oksana Lyniv (Ukraine), the first female conductor to conduct the opera in Egypt.
- The role of Aida: Sae - Kyng Rim (Korea)
- The role of Radames: Michael Spadaccini (Belgium)
- Orchestra: International Symphony Orchestra (INSO-Lviv Orchestra)
- Choir: The National Choir of Ukraine "Dumka"
- Costume Designer: Sebastian Ellrich (Germany)
T's & C's apply