Franschhoek Wine Tram
Discover the vineyards of Franschhoek
NAD 240per person
Package is no longer valid
Breath-taking scenery, warm hospitality, world-class cuisine and fine wines: These are the hallmarks of the beautiful Franschhoek Valley in the heart of the Cape Winelands.
Hop-on Hop-off Experience from N$240 Adult/ N$90 Child
Franschhoek Wine Tram currently offers eight hop-on hop-off lines to choose from each visiting a selection of wine estates showcasing a separate part of the Franschhoek Valley.
Passengers board the tour at the ticket office located in the Franschhoek Village and are transported by a combination of tram and tram-bus around a loop of stops allowing passengers to hop-on hop-off at any of the stops.
Each of the lines has a wide selection of wine estates to visit from boutique to marquee estates and each offers a unique perspective on the Franschhoek wine experience.
- Passengers will be transported by tram and open-air tram-bus around a loop of stops with a selection of wine estates to disembark at
- In addition to the wine tasting activities offered at each stop, several of the wine estates on the tour boast world-class restaurants serving lunches and picnics
- Wine tasting fees at each estate (between R25 and R150 per person) are not included in the tour price
- The tour starts and ends at the ticket office located in the centre of the Franschhoek Village.
Curated Wine Experience from N$1,050 Adult (Adult only experience)
Includes wine lecture, three course lunch, cellar tour (when available), two premium wine tastings and local transport
Advance booking is essential as only 12 spaces are available for each curated wine experience.
Franschhoek Wine Farms Experience, the day starts with a journey by tram to a local wine estate where a knowledgeable wine guide weaves the facts, figures and scientific aspects of winemaking into interesting stories about Franschhoek’s history of wine and culture.
During this engaging and interactive experience, guests will be guided through, and have an opportunity to sample, the subtle tastes of terroir, as well as learn about the local grape varieties, cultivars and the aspects of viticulture which are unique to Southern Africa.
A tour of the estate wine cellar will be followed by a specially curated three course lunch at the estate restaurant.
In the afternoon, guests will visit two additional Franschhoek wine estates, enjoying a premium wine tasting at each estate.
At the end of the experience, guests will leave feeling more knowledgeable and connected to the local wine culture and ready to discover the Franschhoek Valley further.
- Depart from the Franschhoek Village at 10:10am
- Passage on the tram to a local wine estate
- Wine lecture by knowledgeable wine guide
- Guided cellar tour (when available)
- Three course lunch
- Premium wine tastings at two additional wine estates
- Return to the Franschhoek Village at approximately 5pm
T's & C's apply